The following information will help you stay up-to-date. The links and information are correct at time of posting – 11 April 2022.
The latest guidance to supporting safe visits to Hospitals and Care Facilities can be found here.
For the latest Directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, visit Health.vic.
Visit the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission for further COVID-19 updates and resources for consumers and providers.
Call Elder Rights Advocacy 1800 700 600 if you have questions or need support regarding:
- Visiting residential aged care facilities
- Allowing aged care workers into your home
- Asking your provider about their COVID-safe policies and staff training
Call the Older Persons COVID-19 Support Line 1800 171 866
- Speak to someone if you feel lonely or worried about the COVID-19 pandemic. Support for older people, their family and carers.
- Visit OPAN’s website for COVID-19 information
Call My Aged Care Assistance 1800 200 422
- Call to speak to a My Aged Care Centre agent to request a grocery supply box or meal delivery assistance.
Call Aged Care COVID Grief and Bereavement 1800 22 22 00
- Contact the Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement if you’re experiencing grief, loss or bereavement due to COVID-19.
Our team is skilled in working with interpreters. Non-English speakers can call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450.
Help for people with hearing or speech difficulties, you can contact Elder Rights Advocacy through the National Relay Service (NRS). For more information, visit the NRS website here to choose your preferred access point, or call the NRS Helpdesk on 1800 555 660.